[KPhotoAlbum] git master-branch doesn't compile

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Tue Jun 12 18:46:06 BST 2012

Thanks for the patches, see comments below.

> 0001-Fix-compile-error.patch
This was indeed a "bug" though harmless, did your compiler barf on that? Do
you use any special flags? Which compiler is that?

> 0002-Fix-compiler-warnings-wrong-cast-unused-params.patch
I've applied the first part to this, leaving the warning in, as I really do
not want to forget about this code. That these variables are not used concerns
me quite a bit.

> 0003-Fix-compiler-warnings.patch
Wohaa, this bug has been around since 2004, obviously the import feature is
not used a lot.

Anyone with git knowledge who can help me with this question:
So I get three patches as above, I can apply each of the using git am <patch>
(or even from the mbox, but that's not the issue I want to address).

So I apply each of them, and I want to make a minor change (patch 1 had some
vi stuff added to the end, and some whitespace changes, patch to removed a
waning I wanted to keep in there). How do I got around doing that?
I ended up doing:
git am <file>
git reset HEAD~
then git add -p

but that nukes the check in message and Johannes as the author.

> Cheers,
>   Johannes
>

> P.S.: in case others don't see the same errors/warnings, here are my
> compiler messages:
>
> ThumbnailView/ThumbnailModel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual QVariant
> ThumbnailView::ThumbnailModel::data(const QModelIndex&, int) const’:
> ThumbnailView/ThumbnailModel.cpp:260:82: warning: comparison between signed
> and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
> ThumbnailView/ThumbnailModel.cpp: At global scope:
> ThumbnailView/ThumbnailModel.cpp:287:6: warning: unused parameter ‘size’
> [-Wunused-parameter] ThumbnailView/ThumbnailModel.cpp:287:6: warning:
> unused parameter ‘image’ [-Wunused-parameter]
> ThumbnailView/ThumbnailModel.cpp:287:6: warning: unused parameter
> ‘loadedOK’ [-Wunused-parameter]
>
> HTMLGenerator/Generator.cpp: In member function ‘bool
> HTMLGenerator::Generator::generateIndexPage(int, int)’:
> HTMLGenerator/Generator.cpp:228:28: error: redeclaration of ‘const
> DB::FileName fileName’ HTMLGenerator/Generator.cpp:212:5: error: ‘const
> DB::FileName& fileName’ previously declared here
thousands of images?