[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Digest, Vol 73, Issue 18

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Tue Jan 31 02:26:55 GMT 2012

On 01/25/2012 06:31 PM, Steffen Jost wrote:
> On 26.01.2012 00:00, kphotoalbum-request at kdab.com wrote:
>>> I'm looking for a system that stores them in the picture file as
>>> EXIF or
>>> better XMP - is this what kphotoalbum does?
>>
>> We use our own XML file to store all the information. All tagging is
>> in this single XML file.
>>

> One should consider that it becomes increasingly popular to view
> photos on TVs and Tablets that cannot run KPA. Therefore an option to
> export _selected_ tags to EXIF/IPTC/XMP (again) becomes increasingly
> nice to have, since many of these devices seem to understand those
> tags nowadays. At least I find it always pretty sad that I cannot
> access my KPA tags when we are spontaneously showing our photos on the
> TV.
>
> Cheers,
> Steffen.

Not to be too heretical, but ....

The main barrier to converting from kpa to another program is that there
is no reasonable way to keep all the tags that are in the database. If
it's possible to (optionally) put the tags inside the pictures
themselves, then that problem would be somewhat alleviated.

I've got over 7k images tagged (out of 25K) and if my partner insists
she wants them in Light Room, etc. (they're her pictures), I'm going to
have to start from scratch :( losing may hours of work.

Joe