[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Digest, Vol 73, Issue 18

Steffen Jost steffenjost at web.de
Wed Jan 25 23:31:53 GMT 2012

On 26.01.2012 00:00, kphotoalbum-request at kdab.com wrote:
>> I'm looking for a system that stores them in the picture file as EXIF or
>> better XMP - is this what kphotoalbum does?
>
> We use our own XML file to store all the information. All tagging is
> in this single XML file.

One should consider that it becomes increasingly popular to view photos
on TVs and Tablets that cannot run KPA. Therefore an option to export
_selected_ tags to EXIF/IPTC/XMP (again) becomes increasingly nice to
have, since many of these devices seem to understand those tags
nowadays. At least I find it always pretty sad that I cannot access my
KPA tags when we are spontaneously showing our photos on the TV.

Cheers,
  Steffen.