[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbumSpeed tagging

Wes Hardaker kpa at capturedonearth.com
Tue Jan 17 15:18:06 GMT 2012

RHK> In Image viewer, pressing / (=shift+7) shows 'Setting category:
RHK> {Y,X,W,V,U,T,S,R,Q,P,O}' - where do these come from and why are they
RHK> in reversed alphabetical order? If I select for example X or R, it
RHK> shows Setting category: x (or r..)

RHK> After / when I press SHIFT, it changes to Setting Category: {Keywords,
RHK> Locations, Persons} - how do I change it back to the {Y,X,....} thing?

RHK> Where do these category names come from? I don't have 'Persons' but
RHK> 'People' and other categories are missing on this list

RHK> So now pressing P shows Assigning: Persons/

I'm confused by the shift-key thing as it shouldn't be doing anything
when the shift key is set (and I use it all the time when typing and
haven't seen that problem).

But: When you type a / it should be giving you a list of categories to
select from that you already have categories for.  IE, if you're seeing
the letters it makes me think you're in token mode and it's showing you
the list of tokens.  Either that or you have a really messed up category
database that has all the letters in it.

http://www.hardakers.net/kphotoalbum/

RHK> When I continue writing a name, it narrows down to the proposed names.
RHK> How do I select what to use or do I still have to write the whole
RHK> name?

It currently assigns it the instant you have a valid match.  IE, if you
have "People/Barry" and "People/Barney" in your database you'd need to
type "b" "a" "r" and then when you type "n" it would assign "Barney" to
the system (if you were in people selection mode).

RHK> A name has a space in it. How do I select that name? Pressing space
RHK> takes me to the next image.

Spaces are a problem, I agree.  It wouldn't be appropriate to steal the
space key away from the existing bindings, but you could do that under
the keyboard settings.  Remove the space from the list of keys that take
you to the next image (and use arrows or page-down instead).

--
Wes Hardaker
Captured On Earth Photography