[KPhotoAlbum] Speed tagging

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sun Jan 15 16:16:34 GMT 2012

Hi there!

I decided to give the 'speed tagging'. To me it sounds great if you
could easily type in some tags with keyboard only, but I'm struggling
to learn how it works. So I wish someone could give me a little help
here..

In Image viewer, pressing / (=shift+7) shows 'Setting category:
{Y,X,W,V,U,T,S,R,Q,P,O}' - where do these come from and why are they
in reversed alphabetical order? If I select for example X or R, it
shows Setting category: x (or r..)

After / when I press SHIFT, it changes to Setting Category: {Keywords,
Locations, Persons} - how do I change it back to the {Y,X,....} thing?

Where do these category names come from? I don't have 'Persons' but
'People' and other categories are missing on this list

So now pressing P shows Assigning: Persons/

If I press SHIFT here it proposes me names. How does it decide what
names to propose and what's the purpose of the SHIFT key?

When I continue writing a name, it narrows down to the proposed names.
How do I select what to use or do I still have to write the whole
name?

A name has a space in it. How do I select that name? Pressing space
takes me to the next image.

I'd be happy to have a quick tagging feature and learn to use it. I
hope we can maybe finetune this a little more, maybe even for the next
release?

Thanks!