[KPhotoAlbum] Description for HTML-export themes (info needed)

Steffen Jost steffenjost at web.de
Sat Jan 14 17:37:45 GMT 2012

Hi! I am trying to add a description field to the HTML-export themes,
which is displayed in the corresponding HTML-export dialog tab, in
response to the message cited below.

Could someone briefly explain the following compiler error message:

	kphotoalbum/HTMLGenerator/HTMLDialog.h:73:5: error: ‘QLabel’ does not
name a type

I inserted the following line at 73 in HTMLDialog.h
	QLabel* _themeDescription;

but I do not understand why QLabel "does not name a type"? I cannot see
a difference in the QLabel class description at
	http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/qlabel.html
compared to, say, QComboBox as used in the preexisting line 72
	QComboBox* _themeBox;

I never used Qt nor C++; but I do have experience in several other
programming languages (I work as theoretical computer scientist) and I
did start to read the Qt tutorials now. Nevertheless I would appreciate
some guidance to speed things up.

_I do have a plan though:_

	I connected the _themeBox's (an instance of QComboBox)
SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged( int )) to a new slot added to HTMLDialog.
This slot then updates a QLabel added in the theme selection tab of that
dialog.
	I am not sure whether QLabel is the correct thing to just display text,
but in the third tab it is used to display a "Hint"-message, so from
that I guessed that it would do, since it also offers a slot for
changing the text.
	Howewer, I need to map the theme number from the QComboBox to the text.
So in order to do this, I need the QLabel to be private field in
HTMLDialog, as well as a small string array holding the descriptions
that were read during the initialization (more specific in the loop
within method populateThemesCombo).

I would really appreciate if someone could provide a little guidance.
Thanks! SJ.