[KPhotoAlbum] Category weirdness

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Jan 6 07:59:42 GMT 2012

In a previous thread, it was suggested  to create a "Done" category
which only contains "done" and "*None*".

I'm trying to do that in KPA 4.1.1.

The first time I tried to create it, I setup the category and clicked
Apply then OK.
I ended up with two new categories, both called "Done"!  One of them had
the "done" keyword in it and the other did not.
I went ahead and tagged 70 of 78 photos in my latest folder.

I tried deleting both of the Done categories and defining it again
skipping the Apply.  It looked like it worked, but ...
1) When I did an Edit->Find, both of the Done categories reappeared.
2) When I went to re-tag the same photos  as "done", they showed that
they were all still tagged (even though I thought deleting the category
should have undone that.)

I am thinking of compiling a more recent KPA anyway.  Have any fixes
since 4.1.1 addressed a problem like this?

If it is a current bug (assuming I compile KPA), what do I need to do to
provide sufficient details to aid in debugging this?

I had some difficulty getting KPA to display just the 10 photos which
are not "done" (which is the main point of this exercise).  The problem
is that I am unclear on how to do a new search within a search without
losing the current search.

I  just had the 78 photos displayed.  I did an Edit->Find and selected
"*none*" for Done.  It came back with the count 25,001 of 25,001 like it
didn't fine any with "done" set (and there are 70).  It also lost the
previous search because it didn't stay at 78.  What am I missing?

This is the kind of behavior I would expect from a damaged database.  I
did all of this while I was logged on in one session.  Toward the end I
quit KPA and restarted it, but it didn't seem to make any difference.  I
saved the database several times during the whole thing, but I'm not
exactly sure when in the sequence of events.

TIA

Joe

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54584985/kpa1.png