[KPhotoAlbum] image search question

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Mon Apr 23 05:39:33 BST 2012

Hello,

from my experience, KPA doesn't distinguish between the same string in
different sub-categories. If the string is the same, they are treated as
identical in the search.

Based on what you intend, this might be a bug or a feature.
In your case it looks like a bug. The correction would be - as already
suggested - to add a tag "Pool", independent from the hotels and then
search for "Hotel A & Pool" or "Hotel B & Pool". This will also work for
"Hotel C and Pool" later on.

It becomes a feature, if you have things like this:
I have my "Persons" ordered into subcategories, from where I know them.
E.g. friends, amnesty international, colleagues, organized bicycle
tours, ...
Now there are persons who belong in two of these categories. If I search
for them, I will find them, no matter for what subcategory I tagged
their name. (So it is a feature here !)

If I would like to only find the fotos of person x, but only the ones
taken in context "amnesty international", I would need to search for
"Person A & amnesty international". (Unfortunately, this seems to give
wrong results, when I just tried - but I don't have the time to look
closer at this right now...)

Regards

Martin