[KPhotoAlbum] ignoring hidden files & directories

Vitus Jensen vjensen at gmx.de
Wed Sep 28 00:40:34 BST 2011

Hej!

Recently our photo collection maintained by KPhotoalbum 4 got accessed by
different tools for RAW manipulation and by programs on the new MacBook.
A lot of those programs create files or directories to hold their meta
data on location, all dir/filenames starting with a dot ('.'), the UNIX
convention for hidden files.

Unfortunately KPhotoalbum does not ignore those files / directories and I
have to remove the files from KPhotoalbum on the next start manually :-(
Is there a chance that newer KPhotoalbum versions in the future might
ignore filenames starting with a dot?  It would really help!  And I don't
think KPhotoalbum will miss a lot of real photos this way as the "hidden"
meaning is a really old tradition.

Best regards,
    Vitus

--
Vitus Jensen, Hannover, Germany, Universe (current)
pgp public key available from keyservers