[KPhotoAlbum] Unique ID per image?

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Mon May 30 20:17:39 BST 2011

I'm not sure how much work it would be, but it would add extra burden on the
core part of KPA, namely to ensure that all "database" operations did consider
this extra field. And given it is not used insite KPA the risk of it breaking
all the time is pretty bad I'm afraid. So I'm not really keen on adding this,
sorry.

In KPA the file name is the unique key.

Cheers

On Saturday 14 May 2011 19:38:02 Tim McCormack wrote:
> Several years ago I wrote some scripts to convert my KPhotoAlbum (then
> KimDaBa) database and photos into a tag-searchable gallery website. I'm in
> the process of rewriting the software into something I wouldn't be ashamed
> to distribute with my name on it, and I'm again running into an annoying
> aspect of KPA's database format: There is no unique ID per image.
>
> My old solution was to assign a unique ID in my MySQL copy of the database,
> then reconcile moved and edited images by their filename and MD5 "IDs",
> somewhat duplicating logic already present in KPA, and a bit hard to get
> right.
>
> How much work would it be to add a unique ID field to images in KPA's
> database, one that would remain associated with the image through any
> series of moves and edits?
>
>  - Tim McCormack

thousands of images?