[KPhotoAlbum] Fwd: Selecting/tagging images by resolution

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sat May 28 16:13:10 BST 2011

Reply to all.. sorry, forgot..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi>
Date: Sat, May 28, 2011 at 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: [KPhotoAlbum] Selecting/tagging images by resolution
To: Murray Strome <wmstrome at yahoo.com>

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Murray Strome <wmstrome at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
Luckily you had backups, right..?

This is what I use to copy EXIF date to file date (nef files in this case):

Licence: GPLv3 or later

#!/bin/bash
#risto at kurppa.fi 2006-05-22

#requires: dcraw && exiftool installed

#find | grep \.nef$
#ls | grep -i .nef$

for i in $(ls | grep -i .nef$)
     do
        src=$i
        echo $src

        #update file date from exif
        exiftool '-DateTimeOriginal>FileModifyDate' $src
     done

for i in $(ls | grep -i .jpg$)
     do
        src=$i
        echo $src

        #update file date from exif
        exiftool '-DateTimeOriginal>FileModifyDate' $src
     done

echo Finished!

--