[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Crashes when viewing thumbnails

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat May 21 14:06:35 BST 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Murray Strome <wmstrome at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

there is a bugfix in the development version of KPA that is not included in
the "stock" version of Ubuntu's kphotoalbum. Applied on 2010-12-22 and it
fixes some exif related crashes. This might well be the bug you are hitting.

Unfortunately I do not currently know any other way to make sure than
compiling KPA yourself from the development version. (Attached script grabs
the current source from git and compiles it. Everything is done under /tmp
but I myself use /opt instead. Note that the KPA compiled like this does not
find your current image dir without aid as the KDEHOME is under /tmp. Run as
follows if you want to give it a try: /tmp/kpa/kde4-install/bin/kphotoalbum
-c <picturepath>/index.xml)

HTH,
theBro