[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Crashes when viewing thumbnails

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 16:29:28 BST 2011

It did not work. I changed the line as you suggested to install in /opt and got this set of errors:

mkdir: cannot create directory `/opt/kpa': Permission denied
mkdir: cannot create directory `/opt/kpa': Permission denied
/home/murray/Downloads/git-compile-tmp.sh: line 28: cd: /opt/kpa: No such file or directory
Cloning into kphotoalbum...
remote: Counting objects: 25165, done.
remote: Total 25165 (delta 20621), reused 24786 (delta 20334)
Receiving objects: 100% (25165/25165), 31.47 MiB | 542 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (20621/20621), done.
/home/murray/Downloads/git-compile-tmp.sh: line 32: cd: /opt/kpa/kphotoalbum: No such file or directory
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/murray/Documents" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

I then manually changed the permissions for /opt and tried again and got this:

~/Downloads/git-compile-tmp.sh
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
git is already the newest version.
Cloning into kphotoalbum...
remote: Counting objects: 25165, done.
error: inflate: data stream error (incorrect data check)iB/s
fatal: pack has bad object at offset 17527321: inflate returned -3
fatal: index-pack failed
/home/murray/Downloads/git-compile-tmp.sh: line 32: cd: /opt/kpa/kphotoalbum: No such file or directory
CMake Error: The source directory "/opt/kpa" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

What have I missed?

Murray