[KPhotoAlbum] Starting to generate thumbnails before UI has been loaded

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Thu Jun 9 19:52:37 BST 2011

Can someone somehow confirm if this is what happens?

I run KPA-GIT, latest commit:
commit 0fd9febaf1246d338b0939b79c936deadeaa48d6
Author: Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at kde.org>
Date:   Sat May 28 17:21:01 2011 +0200

When I start KPA, it starts a heavy disk usage. When the UI is finally
loaded & shown, the thumbnail bar is already somewhere in 2% of
generating thumbnails.

So I suspect that the thumbnail generation is started too early and
takes time/resources from showing the UI to the user. Being able to
show the UI ASAP makes the app feel faster.

If someone is able to confirm this and no-one tells me it's a feature,
I'll write a bugrep.

Thanks!

Risto

(and btw there isn't an option to disable automatic thumbnail generation)