[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum 4.1.1 crashes very frequently on Kubuntu 10.04 (lucid)

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 22:46:33 GMT 2011

I find that KPhotoAlbum seems to crash regularly on my system. Is there a more stable version that I should be using? If so, what and how do I get it?

I cannot see any specific pattern to the crashes. The most recent time, I had deleted some duplicate photos from the hard drive. I then asked it to rescan for photos and videos. It died. When I restarted, it was like starting from scratch. Whatever database had been created seemed to have been lost so it had to rebuild it.

There are over 6,000 photos in the directory and its sub-directories.  I am using KPhotoAlbum 4.1.1 using KDE Development Platform 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5) on Kubuntu 10.04, which is the version which seems to be the latest in the repository.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Murray
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }