[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum on UserBase

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 17:41:33 BST 2010

Here is some video info as that is something I can mostly copy-paste from my
irc log. And since we have a volunteer editor there is no need for me to
make any sense either ;)

kpa uses phonon for video.. you can change the phonon video backend, but
that is independent from kphotoalbum. Working phonon backend seems to depend
somewhat on distribution and movie encoding.. Following is based on a very
limited sample:

in ubuntu 10.4 the package phonon-backend-xine along with
libxine1-all-plugins appears to be working
With ubuntu 10.10 it is worth trying phonon-backend-gstreamer if the video
is not good

Naturally appropriate codecs must also be installed.

Thumbnail generation is done with mplayerthumbs, I suppose that this is true
with all distros?

theBro