[KPhotoAlbum] Importing Pictures from Camera

Andreas Neustifter andreas.neustifter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 07:23:46 GMT 2010

Hi!

On 10 November 2010 21:02, Joe <josephj at main.nc.us> wrote:
> On 11/09/2010 06:19 PM, jedd wrote:
>>
>>  "
>> exiflist V2.4.9 - 05-December-2003
>> For usage information enter 'exiflist -h'
>> This program is licensed to: Not Licensed
>> Copyright (c) 2000-2003 Hugh Maxwell Thomas. All rights reserved.
>> Web  : http://www.hugsan.com/
>>  "
>>
>>  I think the full set I have includes:
>>  exifcopy  exifdate  exifedit  exiffile  exifkey  exiflist

There is a pretty good free alternative at
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/ and in every major
package manager.

It supports many of those operations albeit in a semi-comfortable way.
But I have built some scripts around it that accomplish these task
pretty painlessly. If you are interessted drop a message.

Also there is jhead (http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/) thats
great for manipulating JPEG-Exif-Headers an it has a more convenient
set of command line options.

>>  My 'exif-panofilefix.sh' script is very simple, but a good example
>>  of the use of these tools:
>>
>> #!/bin/bash
>> if [ "$1" == ""  -o  "$2" == "" ]
>>         then
>>         echo "Usage: " `basename $0` " SOURCE.jpg DESTINATION.jpg"
>>         echo "       Copies EXIF data from SOURCE to DESTINATION,"
>>         echo "       advances DESTINATION.jpg's TIME by 5 seconds,"
>>         echo "       and finally runs exiffile -t against DESTINATION."
>>         exit
>> fi
>> echo Copying exif data from \"$1\" to \"$2\"
>> exifcopy -bo "$1" "$2">  /dev/null
>> echo Advancing timestamp on \"$2\" by 5 seconds
>> exifdate -a "0000:00:00 00:00:05" "$2">  /dev/null
>> echo Setting file time for \"$2\"
>> exiffile -t "$2">  /dev/null

All of those operations can almost equally done with jhead.

Hope that helps.

Andi