[KPhotoAlbum] Arrange photos by creation date in KPhotoAlbum 4.1.1

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 16:47:04 BST 2010

I asked this question a couple of years ago:

How do I show photos in order by Creation Date (or Date Picture Taken)? The answer then was:

"Upgrade to 3.1.1, then go to Settings -> Configure KPA -> Metadata ->
Date and in the "Fields to get value from", move
"Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal" to the very top. Then select all your
images you want to fix and go to Management -> Re-Read Metadata from
Files, select *only* "Update date and time" and press "Read File Info".
All your image dates will be updated."

In my installation of 4.1.1, under Settings > Configure KPhotoAlbum there is no "Metadata" setting. As it is now, when I ask to View > "Show oldest first" or "Show newest first", the photos are shown in some other order than the "Date Original" or "Date Digitized" in the EXIF information.

In this particular case, the camera used had an incorrect date (in 2008).  I used jhead to correct the date (to May 30, 2010), the new date shows in the EXIF data. However, they are still shown in 2008. If I look at them with a file browser, the date listed is in 2008.

Is there a new method to get the images shown in the the correct order, using the Capture/Original/Digitized date?

Murray