[KPhotoAlbum] EXIF (and equivalent META data for non-jpeg) creation date

Clair Johnston cbj0129 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 23 13:37:20 BST 2010

Murry,

The first thing I do when I move photos from the camera to the computer
is to change the photo name to include the date taken.  So, the new name
would look something like 100622_2343.jpg.  I store them in a series of
directories of the form Photos->Year->Month->Other-breakdown.
KPhotoAlbum is then used to categorize the photos.  My only complaint is
that KPA only runs on Linux and I am primarily a Microsoft user for
various reasons, so it sometimes takes a while to add categories.

I have not seen any problems with applications changing the date taken,
but then I archive the originals and only modify copies.  As Jasper
says, KPhotoAlbum does not modify the creation date (or any other
parameter) unless explicitly requested. Most applications can be
configured to retain the date taken, so you may want to check your
applications configuration settings.

Hope this helps,
Clair