[KPhotoAlbum] stable branch merged

Andreas Neustifter astifter at gmx.at
Wed Feb 17 08:36:09 GMT 2010

Hi!

On 16.02.2010, at 08:29, Michael J Gruber wrote:

> Andreas Neustifter venit, vidit, dixit 15.02.2010 23:58:
>> I guess fixes should go into trunk first, and then (as with all other
>> changes as well) they are merged to stable eventually which leads up
>> to a new release. Thats the usual path ... :-)
>
> I'm sorry, but no, the usual path with a reasonable VCS is to code
> fixes
> against the earliest stable release (maintenance branch) which show
> the
> bug and which are still actively maintained. Then, patches are merged
> *upwards* towards more recent maintenance branches and finally to
> trunk.
> It's the only direction which makes sense, since newer versions
> (branches) "contain" older ones.

Well, maybe it depends how one is brought up (in this regard), I know
and prefer the "develop on trunk - trickle down" model because its way
easier to handle, but your has the merit of way faster fixing times.
Also it depends on how may different versions are still supported and
how stable the trunk is...

> [...] That would be much clearer (and way more painless) with a VCS
> such as
> Git, of course...

Well, _thats_ an entirely different discussion, so I will only say
that I would love to switch to git :-)

Andi