[KPhotoAlbum] workflow for simple changes?

Mark Eichin eichin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 05:48:08 GMT 2010

I've used kphotoalbum for several years (and several cameras :-)  I
recently started using a DSLR (Canon Rebel XS) that doesn't have
"digital zoom" which mostly made me realize that cropping/framing is
something I've always done in the camera before.  I still want to
treat "what comes out of the camera" as the untouchable negative, but
want to insert cropped versions of some pictures into my kphotoalbum
working set, especially before pushing them onwards to flickr.

Most of the suggestions I've seen here seem to do an upfront pass with
gqview or the gimp before starting to work in kphotoalbum, but I'd
rather change my model a bit less - most of the time I still go with
the picture as-shot, but for some relatively small subset I'll be
looking at them in kphotoalbum and decide that I want a cropped
version too (and probably want it "stacked" with the original? I'm
still using 4.0.1 but will be fixing that shortly.)

Suggestions?  Can "run external command" produce a new image that gets
added to the pool?

--
_Mark_ <eichin at thok.org> <eichin at gmail.com>