[KPhotoAlbum] Multiple versions of an image

Andreas Neustifter andreas.neustifter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 22:59:33 GMT 2010

Hi Aleksi!

On 8 December 2010 23:09, Aleksi Halkola <halkola at gmail.com> wrote:

> I found a solution that I think will work pretty well for me. I took
> inspiration from http://www.hardakers.net/kphotoalbum/#sec-4.2,
>
> I used the following settings:
> "File versions search regexp:"
> (.*)_v[0-9]*\.(.*)
> "Original file replacement text:"
> \1.nef
> [...]
> I learned
> regular expressions only this evening so if anybody knows how I can catch
> both dsc_8237.jpg dsc_8237_v2.jpg as versions of dsc_8237.nef I'd be very
> happy.

Those regular expression do not need to match the whole file, mine for
example are "_v[0-9]*\." and "." (a single dot). This way one can
insert a version between the file name and the extension and this file
is then recognised as new version of an old file.
(This is a little fiddly, it assumes that the filename has only one
dot in it, which is the case with my files.)

I was not aware of the regular expression supporting named groups, so
in this case maybe "(.*)_v[0-9]*\.(.*)" and "\1.\2" would work? (The
two "(.*)" each form a group of characters that can be accessed in the
second expression as \1 and \2. At least it seems that this is
possible from your example.)

Hope that helps,

Andi