[KPhotoAlbum] Multiple versions of an image

Aleksi Halkola halkola at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 22:09:13 GMT 2010

Hi again,

Thanks for making this great program!

I found a solution that I think will work pretty well for me. I took
inspiration from http://www.hardakers.net/kphotoalbum/#sec-4.2,

I used the following settings:
"File versions search regexp:"
(.*)_v[0-9]*\.(.*)
"Original file replacement text:"
\1.nef
"Copy file search regexp:"
(.*)\.(.*)
"Copy file replacement text:"
\1_v2.\2

This solution has a problem for <1% of my photos that are not shot in
raw (so not really a problem at all). Although for the copying of a file
I can make kphotoalbum preserve the filetype, for the file versions I
have to assume that the original is of a particular type. In this case
it wont work for originals that are not nefs. It will also fail if the
original and version differ only in the extension but have the same
basename. I learned regular expressions only this evening so if anybody
knows how I can catch both dsc_8237.jpg dsc_8237_v2.jpg as versions of
dsc_8237.nef I'd be very happy.

Cheers,

Aleksi