[KPhotoAlbum] Smooth scrolling

Andreas Neustifter andreas.neustifter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 12:07:10 GMT 2010

Hi All,

with my selfcompiled (Ubuntu 10.10) KPA the Thumbnail View scrolls one
page at a time with the mouses scroll wheel. I'm not sure if that's
due to my setup or if that is the case on any mouse/window
manager/os/kpa combination but for me this makes it really hard to
look for images since I loose the context to quickly.

I have written a small patch that drafts a smooth scrolling behaviour.
It not simply scrolls slower but keeps an backlog of the speed with
which the user scrolled. This backlog is used to determine the average
scrolling speed. Additionally the speed is scaled non linearly to have
slow scrolling when moving the wheel slowly but scrolling really fast
when the wheel is rolled fast for a longer period of time.

Ah, whom am I kidding, this is hard to explain, please try it! I would
really appreciate the feedback on that matter.

Andi