[KPhotoAlbum] Underscores in custom categories

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Mon Nov 23 23:16:28 GMT 2009

 Howdi,

 I'm re-writing my PHP front end for KPA, and the underscore
 inconsistency is really biting me (again).

 The problem is that if you have a custom category with a space,
 then in some locations in the XML the space is preserved, and
 in others it is converted to an underscore.  I imagine the same
 inconsistency has to be handled by KPA, too, somehow.

 Consider my fourth (after people/place/location) category that I
 have called 'The Farm' - note that I use a space separator.

First few lines of my index.xml - note the underscore.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<KPhotoAlbum version="3" compressed="0" >
 <Categories>
  <Category icon="licq" viewtype="0" thumbnailsize="32" name="The_Farm" show="1" >
   <value value="tank - concrete" id="1" />

Right down the bottom in the membergroup area - note the space:
 <member-groups>
  <member category="The Farm" member="tank - concrete" group-name="East Quadrant" />

 I'm adopting the position of removing underscores on the way
 in to my app - but would like to know if spaces will be handled
 differently in future versions for category names, especially in
 light of recent changes to the tag / attribute roles for some
 entities.

 cheers,
 Jedd.