[KPhotoAlbum] images in blocklist

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sun May 24 09:22:24 BST 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Thomas Pircher <tehpeh at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> In my photo album I have a few images that are on disk but they don't show up
> on kphotoalbum's view.
> I have checked the index.xml file and the missing pictures are enclosed in a
> <blocklist> tag, together with names of pictures that are no longer in
> existence. I reckon I had those pictures once indexed, but removed them from
> the disk and restored them recently.
>
> Is there a way to make them reappear again in Kphotoalbum?

Hi Thomas!

If I understood correctly, the <blocklist> items in the .xml are
created when you remove images from the database (actually they're
blocked also from bein re-indexed). So if you still have the files
around and want to see them in the database - just remove the
<blocklist> -lines from the .xml.

But make sure you first make backup of the XMl file so that if
something goes wrong, you'll be able to go back.

Enjoy your Freedom, hope you'll be able to make it work!