[KPhotoAlbum] image persistency x checksums

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Sun Jun 21 01:09:59 BST 2009

On Saturday 20 June 2009 13:26:51 Martin Jabůrek wrote:
| I thought, that you are also using md5sums to see if the file was moved.
Sure. Rule number one identify the file by its absolute filename. If that file
vanishes and a new one appear with the same md5 sum as the vanished one, then
rule no two applies, namely identify it by md5 sum.

| I don't think that it is a bug. It is just not clear how do you handle
| files - how do you identify them. (moving the same file).
|
| In my case I did 2 things: renamed file (changed to lowercase) and clear
| the exif tag+rotate.
Oh then we stand no chance :-)
So please do this in two steps. Modify your files, then run recalculate md5
sums, and then move it.

Cheers

| I will look into index.xml to see how can I fix it.
|
| Mat
|
| Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| > | It would be great if the auto search (which correctly identify
| > | renamed/moved images) would preserve tags if file changes, but the
| > | filename remain the same.
| >
| > I can't reproduce what you are doing here, and is really puzzled about
| > your bug report. In KPA we do simply use the filename as the key, so you
| > can do whatever you do to your images outsite of KPA without us being
| > concerned about that.
| >
| > Could you elaborate on exactly which steps you took to see this bug? Are
| > you sure you did't move the file to a new directory? (In which case KPA
| > indeed would see it as a completely new file)
| >
| > Cheers
| > Jesper.
| >
| > | There are many other usage - if I modify image with clearing red eye
| > | problem it would also lost its tags.
| > |
| > | Can anyone look at it?
| > |