[KPhotoAlbum] global shortcut conflict

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Sun Jun 14 11:50:41 BST 2009

Hi Jesper, and thanks for your responses.

> Its just not finished yet. Lack of time from Tuomas's side I'm
> afraid.

 Fair enough .. was hoping for the solution to my multi-user
 updating problem, but will work on an rsync solution instead
 (combined with a 'yes, you can play with it now' email).

> Wow, I wouldn't even know how to assign a global shortcut, neither as
> developer nor as user.
>
> I greped the source code for rotate, and found a few instances, but
> non with a keybinding as the one you described.
>
> I would guess this is a user error.

 Very happy to take the fall for this one, but would be curious if
 you - and other KPA users on KDE4 - could check something
 for me please.

 KPA | Settings | Configure Shortcuts

 About a quarter the way down, and you need to make the window
 wide enough to see the Shortcut | Alternate* | Global

 Check the setting "A tool to rotate/flip images without losing
 quality' -- specifically the Global shortcut for same, of course.
 If it says Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right then, well, yeah.  Then something.
 If it doesn't, then you're right - it's just me.

 Is it possible that it's a kipi thing .. ?

 I've done nothing out of the ordinary here - just installed the
 packages from Debian as they've been released.

 cheers,
 Jedd.

 * Should be 'alternative'.  Alternate is more strictly a verb, to
 oscillate between two options.  Alternatives *are* the other
 option(s).