[KPhotoAlbum] global shortcut conflict

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Fri Jun 12 17:57:14 BST 2009

 Howdi,

 Since no one's going to tell me what's wrong with the MySQL
 backend .. I've since powered on with the XML approach.

 Not sure if it's native to KPA, or one of the Debian enhancements
 (suspect the former) but there's two global shortcuts set for rotating
 an image - ctrl+shift+left-cursor / ctrl+shift+right-cursor.

 I have no idea why this is a global shortcut, but it caught me out
 a few times (hard thing to track down) when I was editing a file
 on another desktop, and would pop back to KPA later and notice
 that a bunch of my files had been rotated.

 It also blocks KDE from letting you select words at a time, of course,
 and I'd been tracking down funky Logitech G15 Keyboard conflicts,
 upgrades to xorg, etc.

 Oh my.

 Anyhoo, now it's mentioned on-list for anyone else that might be
 experiencing weird and whacky behaviour.

 Jedd.