[KPhotoAlbum] Experiences with version 4

Clair Johnston cbj0129 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 1 05:06:02 BST 2009

jedd wrote:
>  I like it.  A lot.  Especially the integration of custom categories
>  into the primary annotation window .. and the way you can move
>  the various components in there around.
>
>  Jedd.
I like the improvements also, however I am experiencing some problems.

System Conf:
HP laptop running Ubuntu 9.04
Running prebuilt Binary from website link
36,000 photos on a USB harddrive
Only about 10% catagorized.

First question:  I have a number of images that are displaying as "gray
scale" rather than color.  Opening with an external program displays
properly.  I assume that this has some specific meaning but have been
unable to find the answer.

Second question:  I just added about 300 images from a photo shoot on
Saturday.  In the thumbnail view there are two thumbnails for each
image.  Clicking on the first one highlights the second one.  Both
thumbnails reference the same image.  There is only one image on the
harddive. I am not shooting RAW, only JPG.
I tried to regenerate the thumbnails.  The progress bar ran to 99% and
hung for about 20 minutes, before I accidentally closed KPhotoAlbum

Any help would be appreciated.
Clair