[KPhotoAlbum] google maps.

Mark Eichin eichin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 19:48:11 BST 2009

At least on ubuntu, there's a separate "marble-data" package which
looks like it adds 17G of maps; do you have that installed?  (I don't
have room for it on this laptop so I haven't actually tried it
myself.)

As for using an embedded browser, you probably want to look at
http://openlayers.org/ which handles the general
map-in-browser-with-features-on-top rendering problem (and talks to
various map providers underneath, including google.)

(What I would love to see in geoKphotoalbum is "what flickr has" since
that's how I publish images, but right now I push them first and use
flickr's map "organizer" to put coordinates on things.  It would be
nice to do that locally...)

_Mark_ <eichin at thok.org> <eichin at gmail.com>