[KPhotoAlbum] Upgrading from kubuntu hardy to intrepid to jaunty

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Mon Jul 13 08:36:34 BST 2009

1) I just upgraded from kubuntu hardy to intrepid.

apt wants to uninstall kphotoalbum 3.1.1 because it uses an old kipi and
other packages want a newer one.

How can I resolve this?

As soon as I can get it to work, I am planning to upgrade to jaunty, so
I also need to know if there are any further adjustments to make.

2) I am thinking of *temporarily* uninstalling kpa in the process of
trying to get jaunty installed.

How can I do this without losing all of the tags, etc. that I put on my
7000+ pictures?  Where is this information stored?

TIA

Joe