[KPhotoAlbum] Happy Holidays

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Thu Dec 24 11:53:09 GMT 2009

Happy Holidays to everyone on this list.

I'm currently working on an 80 pages long paper for my business studies, but
it is xmas here today in Denmark, so I tought I would give my self the luxary
to tag a few of my images (I'm 2000 images behind *sigh*)

Doing that is always good news to you, as it means I will optimize this
process :-)

So I added two new features and fixed a long standing bug:
* Bugfix: no more multiple lineedits with focus in the annotation dialog.

* Now a viewer can be invoked from the annotation dialog by pressing
Ctrl+Space

* At end of viewing images, KPhotoalbum will now ask if you want
to delete those images from disk that you deleted (by pressing
del) during the viewing process.

My process for tagging is now this:
1) Select the images I want to tag, and press enter to view them in full
screen to see if there are some that should be thrown out right away. I press
del in the viewer for those I want to delete right away
2) press c+1 and/or c+2 to annotate the images. Eventually pressing C-space
for an image if it is a video I want to see who is on or an image I need to
zoom in to see who a given person is.

Yay that rocks. Within three hours I've brought the number of untagged images
down with 300, including implementing the above :-)

thousands of images?