[KPhotoAlbum] KPA 4.1.1 first experiences

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Wed Dec 16 08:48:25 GMT 2009

Hi!

I finally had to upgrade to 4.1.1 (the previous version I had wouldn't
start any more, something to do with KDE libraries..), installed it
from here on my Kubuntu 9.04:
https://edge.launchpad.net/~dominik-stadler/+archive/ppa

Here are some first experiences:

foo: LZWDecode: Bogus encoding, loop in the code table; scanline 882.
foo: LZWDecode: Not enough data at scanline 882 (short 68 bytes).
KCrash: Application 'kphotoalbum' crashing...
sock_file=/home/rhk/.kde/socket-rubert/kdeinit4__0
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 9 and type 'Read', disabling...
kphotoalbum: Fatal IO error: client killed
Unable to start Dr. Konqi

but that was a onetimer, now it seems to work ok :)

crashed again, killing yakuake along with kpa..
-> no report :/
ah, AND firefox :)?

Now it crashed again:
Application: KPhotoAlbum (kphotoalbum), signal: Aborted
__lll_lock_wait_private ()
    at ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/lowlevellock.S:97
	in ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/lowlevellock.S
The current source language is "auto; currently asm".
SEE MORE AT http://pastebin.com/m6bad89da

I get these messages all the time
For debugging: the command that was attempted to be executed was:
DELETE FROM exif WHERE fileName=?
For debugging: the command that was attempted to be executed was:
INSERT into exif values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
(Had to delete & rebuild my exif database)

Hmm.. The viewer tends to default to 100x100 window that is a bit small.

Where are tokens in the find dialog?
I'm also missing the icons from 'clear form' and 'find' buttons.

Also the keyboard shortcut in the tagging dialog to 'finish / OK'
doesn't work (Valmis in Finnish)
Neither does the Find keyboard shortcut (Etsi) in Find dialog.

Thumbnail viewer draws incorrectly blue borders (indicating selection)
to below or on top of some images that are not selected.

So to me 4.1.1 looks like a buggy version. However there are also some
very NICE things:
Centered navigation icons, untagged photos etc are nice features.
and yes, ppm seems to be ~fast thumbnail format.
Thumbnail preloader seems to work a lot better than earlier, very nice!

Thank you people for your work!

(tell me and I'll add some of this to kde bugs)