[KPhotoAlbum] Compiling recent KPhotoAlbum for Debian Lenny

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Fri Aug 7 08:22:45 BST 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 16:57:44 Matthias Heukäufer wrote:
| Hi!
|
| Thanks for the script. I finally checked out kdegraphics and was (after
| some mangling with CMakeLists.txt) able to compile libkdcraw without the
| other targets. That considerably reduced the dependencies.
| I haven't tried libkipi so far, but I might still do that today.
| Right now I have two problems remaining:
|
| - the icons are still missing. I have posted screenshots here:
| http://www.flickr.com/photos/30839388@N08/sets/72157621962614238/
| Like I said - I suppose this is a result of running under KDE 3.5.10. Does
| anybody have a solution?
Yes that sounds like a reasonable explanation.

| - Raw images are not correctly rotated. From the Exif info dialog I can
| tell that the orientation is read correctly from the files. It just seems
| that KPhotoAlbum doesn't care. This used to be a problem with older
| versions as well and has been one of the reasons why I am trying to switch
| to a more recent one, so I am disappointed that it still does not work. I
| would try to investigate myself. Can someone point me to the region in the
| code where I should start to look?
I don't (unfortunately) use any raw images myself, so I dont really know.
A starting point might be to look in DB/MewImageFinder.cpp that is where the
images are scanned for and found. You will likely be detoured into the Exif
directory at one point, though (at least when I developed it) is more about
the searching of Exif info.

Hope that helps.

Come on IRC if you get stuck, and I'll try to help you on.