[KPhotoAlbum] Compiling recent KPhotoAlbum for Debian Lenny

Matthias Heukäufer matthias.heukaeufer at uni-greifswald.de
Thu Aug 6 15:57:44 BST 2009

Hi!

Thanks for the script. I finally checked out kdegraphics and was (after some
mangling with CMakeLists.txt) able to compile libkdcraw without the other
targets. That considerably reduced the dependencies.
I haven't tried libkipi so far, but I might still do that today.
Right now I have two problems remaining:

- the icons are still missing. I have posted screenshots here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30839388@N08/sets/72157621962614238/
Like I said - I suppose this is a result of running under KDE 3.5.10. Does
anybody have a solution?

- Raw images are not correctly rotated. From the Exif info dialog I can tell
that the orientation is read correctly from the files. It just seems that
KPhotoAlbum doesn't care. This used to be a problem with older versions as
well and has been one of the reasons why I am trying to switch to a more
recent one, so I am disappointed that it still does not work. I would try to
investigate myself. Can someone point me to the region in the code where I
should start to look?

Thank you - Matthias