[KPhotoAlbum] Wish List -- Appearance

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 03:04:54 BST 2008

While the utility of KphotoAlbum is very good, and improving, the appearance is not very professional in comparison with the two most user-friendly photo management packages.

Google's Picassa2 is really excellent. It is fast, intuitive, and looks very appealing. This is likely because they have been trying to create the equivalent of Apple's iPhoto for Windows (and LINUX). During the past two weeks, I have been visiting my sister who has a new Apple iMac computer, so I have been playing around with iPhoto and I am very impressed.  It is even better than Picassa2 (Picassa3 is now available but not in the Kubuntu repositories yet, and it might be better).

I believe that the emphasis for KPhotoAlbum has probably been on the functionality, which is certainly laudible.  If I can figure out what has been going wrong with the "images not on disk" information disappearing, KPhotoAlbum will still be the best of the photo management packages for managing photos. However, for the average user, iPhoto would be the best and easiest to use (if you can afford a Mac) and Picassa the second best.

I suggest that the developpers take a look at these packages to get some ideas on how to improve the appearance of KPhotoAlbum.

Murray