[KPhotoAlbum] Thumbnails for images not on the disk disappear

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Fri Oct 3 07:00:44 BST 2008

KPA stores thumbs inside the $HOME/.thumbs (or .thumbnails, I'm not sure and
am not on my personal machine to check now).
So, if you reopen those CDs occasionnally, I guess the system will just
delete thumbs that've not been used for some times.
Then maybe this period is configurable.

To sum up, I don't think this is something that's managed by KPA.

Cheers.

2008/10/3 Murray Strome <wmstrome at yahoo.com>

> One of the most attractive features of KPhotoAlbum is the ability to load
> photos from a CD, categorize them, then delete them all and retain all the
> information in the database. I have about 5,000 photos catalogued, about
> 2,000 of them are on CD. However, every time I reopen KPhotoAlbum, it seems
> that many of the thumbnails for those photos removed to CD have disappeared.
> I can see no pattern as to which ones disappear, and it seems every time I
> restart, more are gone. Is this a bug?  Or, am I doing something wrong?

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !