[KPhotoAlbum] looking for RAW work flow suggestions..

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Wed Nov 12 15:40:03 GMT 2008

Ted Miller wrote:
> 1. The thing I am waiting to work its way out through the upgrade process
> is the "grouping" of files, where I can group the raw files and the jpgs,
> tiffs, etc that I create from it, and have only one show up in the browser,
> and be able to tag them all at once.  I know you guys were working on this.
>   Is it in a numbered version yet?  If so I will start watching for that
> version to become available.

The image stacking will be present in the 4.0 release, which will
require KDE4 libraries. There won't be any 3.x release anymore.

> 2. Question: when searching, is there a way to include the file name in the
> search.  Last evening I wanted to pull all the *.png files out of a couple
> hundred pictures I had searched for in the browser, but I could not figure
> out how to do that.  Did I miss something?  If not, could I make a request
> for another field in the search screen?  Depending on how you choose to
> name your files, there could be various other reasons for wanting to search
> on file name.  Usual wild-card (or regex?) search syntax should work there.

There was (a bit hackish) way to do that, but only in a limited scope --
if you select Edit->Open list of files, you can copy&paste a list of
file names and these files will open in the thumbnail viewer. This is
*not* consistent with other searching, and might not be available in
3.1.1, either.

I'd suggest you file a bug asking for this feature, but I'm not sure if
we are going to implement it. On the other hand, I think that the
now-popular-search-as-you-type thing could be implemented in the
thumbnail view...

Cheers,
-jkt

--