[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Digest, Vol 29, Issue 9

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 22:20:23 BST 2008

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:04:33 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Murray Strome <wmstrome at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Digest, Vol
> 29, Issue 8
> To: kphotoalbum at kdab.net
>
> From: Jan Kundr?t <jkt at gentoo.org>
> Subject: Re: [KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum crashes
> when I try to invoke GIMP

> > I recall fixing a bug causing crash when executing
> > external programs.
> > It's impossible to be sure without a backtrace,
> but
> > my guess is that  this one is fixed in 3.1.1.
> >
> > > BTW this new installation does not recognize
> .pef
> > > (Pentax RAW) files.
> >
> > That must have been added in the 3.1 branch.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > -jkt

I have upgraded my distribution to Kubunto 8.04, and
updated KPhotoAlbum to version 3.1.1 (Using KDE 3.5.9)
and can now invoke the GIMP O.K. without it crashing.
However, it still does not seem to recognize my Pentax
RAW (.pef) files.  Is there something else I need to
do to have KPhotoAlbum recognize them?

Murray