[KPhotoAlbum] required packages for all features?

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sat Jul 19 11:48:59 BST 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Martin Jost <lists at majo.name> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the ugly truth is, that KPA uses the (now really old) SQLite 2.8.16 (!)
> What you install with packages is (as good as sure) something much more
> recent.
> So you need to compile sqlite from source.
> To make matters worse, you'll not find this version on the sqlite homepage
> (http://www.sqlite.org/). And to make the situation really ugly the old link
> to the source (http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-2.8.16.tar.gz) don't work any
> more.
>
> So using the official ways, you are probably out of luck right now.
> (If you find an official download site for sqlite 2.8.16, let us know !)
>
> For the moment, I put the tgz on my homepage:
> http://www.majo.name/sqlite-2.8.16.tgz
>
> And I will create a wishlist item, to finally have the sqlite updated to
> something newer...
>
> Martin

NO FUN! I hope that the devels will do something about this during
their 'Hot Week of Crazy Nonstop Coding'..

This is what I have:

sqlite:
  Installed: 2.8.17-4build1
  Candidate: 2.8.17-4build1
  Version table:
 *** 2.8.17-4build1 0
        500 http://fi.archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Hmm.. trying to find an old sqlite doesn't seem to be easy:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=all&searchon=names&keywords=sqlite
and I wouldn't like to .. OK, I don't know how to compile the old
sqlite so that I don't have to install it in my system but that KPA
would be able to use it.

So this all is converted to a request for the devels to make KPA use
newer sqlite!! If this is the only way, it's about the same as not
having the exif database..