[KPhotoAlbum] New demo photo database?

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sat Jul 19 09:52:36 BST 2008

Hi!

How about new photos for the KPA demo database?

I think it's cool that Jesper has provided some 'live footage' but I
think they might not be that hmm.. attractive material for people.
It's the same as when you're trying to sell your house, you're not
supposed to have any personal stuff (photos. toothbrush and so on)
there but something that anyone could have and identify with. So maybe
some nice animal shots, flowers, landscapes and so on?

Maybe we all here on the list could provide some photos for Jesper?

And since I cannot help KPA by coding I'll volunteer to create a new
demo database. So each of you, send me up to 5 of your shots. You can
also send them as a KPA export file including the tags (it'll save my
work :) I'll try to come up with tags that make sense more or less..
and I'll add your name in the description field to show who has taken
the photo.

I suppose the photos will be GPL'd as well since they come with KPA
that's GPL..? (btw only place I was able to find KPA licence was in
the help -> about kpa. It could be written on the www home page as
well somewhere)

Jesper: is there a max size for the demo database? I suppose I should
scale the images down to save space. Would be handy to have sample RAW
photos as well but they tend to be huge..