[KPhotoAlbum] image decoding priorities & multithreading

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Wed Jul 16 07:54:59 BST 2008

Hi all,
I think there's something like this to investigate. If I reread Jan's
comment on the bug report, it seems like it starts at the beginning of the
selected images.
I agree with Risto about something like starts from the current displayed
view port and then preload images in both directions for two or three
"screens".

I recently reinstalled my config (yeah, once again :-() and I've not been
able yet to rebuild the KDE4 version (some problem with kde4-devel package
on my ubuntu).
I'll retry soon.

Cheers.

2008/7/14 Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi>:

> I agree that it should stop when images are 'too far' from the viewport..
>
> I suppose in most situations people will scroll to newer images, but
> I'd like to be able to decide what images are preferred: newer, older
> or both. And also how far images are preloaded: I'd say preloading 2
> screens to both directions is enough in most cases (=4 times the
> amount of thumbs a user sees). But I guess people might want to change
> this depending on how they use KPA: for example I usually just scan
> the thumbs to find a photo with some nice colors or something that
> matches the purpose I need it. Partially I can narrow it with the
> search, but mostly I need to do it visually and that's why I'd like to
> have the scanning fast -> many images preloaded.
>
> But well done anyway!!

> --
> | risto h. kurppa
> | risto at kurppa dot fi