[KPhotoAlbum] image decoding priorities & multithreading

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Mon Jul 14 11:21:10 BST 2008

I agree that it should stop when images are 'too far' from the viewport..

I suppose in most situations people will scroll to newer images, but
I'd like to be able to decide what images are preferred: newer, older
or both. And also how far images are preloaded: I'd say preloading 2
screens to both directions is enough in most cases (=4 times the
amount of thumbs a user sees). But I guess people might want to change
this depending on how they use KPA: for example I usually just scan
the thumbs to find a photo with some nice colors or something that
matches the purpose I need it. Partially I can narrow it with the
search, but mostly I need to do it visually and that's why I'd like to
have the scanning fast -> many images preloaded.

But well done anyway!!