[KPhotoAlbum] Please report bugs against the KDE 4 version.

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 14 10:21:43 BST 2008

Jan Kundrát venit, vidit, dixit 12.07.2008 21:56:
> Michael J Gruber wrote:
>> - In the first step (libs) there's a spurious "cd kdegraphics".
>
> Please reload the page, I recall making some changes to the text before
> I enjoyed my vacation. Anyway, I just followed the guide on a freshly
> installed (remote) OpenSUSE box and the guide seems to work.

I looked it over (without trying) and it looks fine now, thanks.

>> - I need to set CPATH and LIBRARY_PATH so that the make for kphotoalbum
>> picks up the new includes and libs rather than the ones in standard
>> locations; you don't notice if you don't have any there, of course.
>
> I wasn't able to ask cmake not to include kde3's libkipi headers (as
> they are in /usr/include/libkipi/ on my Gentoo box). If you have had
> such a problem, how did you fix it?

Well, by setting CPATH and LIBRARY_PATH ;) I probably exported them as
environment variables (I don't recall) so that cc and ld would look in
my dirs before the system dirs.

>> It compiles! It even runs!
>
> Glad to hear that :)
>
>> Plugins don't work (Trader Joe/KServiceTypeTrader says service Type
>> "KIPI/Plugin" not found).
>
> Same here. I have no idea if kde4's KIPI plugins are ex[ected to work at
> the moment, though.

Good to know. I don't need them, I just wanted to make sure I have a
meaningful build for experimenting. So, next steps are beat on it and
hack hack hack, and maybe converting the svn repo to git before,
although I have to figure out how to use submodules, I guess.

Michael