[KPhotoAlbum] Combining EXIF search and tag search ?

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Tue Jan 15 22:24:55 GMT 2008

Martin Jost wrote:
> First problem:
> I had at first searched for "! Tag", now I wanted to search for the EXIF
> info - but couldn't find how to do it.
> It took quite I time to realize, that there is a "Edit/Find" menu entry
> to search for tags, but no equivalent for the EXIF-search; instead of
> this the EXIF search can only be started using the button on the "homepage".

Perhaps you're using that option "automatically jump to thumbnails when
search returns less than X items". When I start KPA, select "Search" and
search for Tokens: !T, KPA shows screen similar to the "homepage", but
only with images not tagged with Tokens:T. Then I can select option
"Exif info" (the one just above "Show thumbnails"), then choose to find
images taken by Panasonic LX-2. It returns list of images that I'm
pretty much sure is correct (ie. from my camera and Tokens: !T). Does
this work for you?

> Second problem:
> So I first used the EXIF search, but now I didn't find a way to combine
> the two.

> Doing the "normal" search after the EXIF search just searched
> *all* photos, not just the ones selected by the EXIF search.

Yep, I can reproduce this. It's a bug, please report it to KDE's bugzilla.

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth