[KPhotoAlbum] Suggestion: Relations between images

Paul Fleischer paul at xpg.dk
Fri Feb 1 11:39:21 GMT 2008

2008/2/1, Shawn Willden <shawn-kimdaba at willden.org>:
> On Thursday 31 January 2008 02:06:49 pm Paul Fleischer wrote:
> > I have come up with a new shiny concept: RELATIONS.
>
> I like it.
>
> One addition, when a relation type is defined, it might be nice if we could
> set some properties on the endpoints to indicate whether or not the related
> images should be shown be default.  So, for example, in the RAW<->Exposure
> relation, I might mark the RAW side as "invisible", so that I only see
> thumbnails for the JPEGs.  There should probably be a "display invisible"
> toggle.

If I understand this correctly, you want to be able to hide images in
the Thumbnail view.
I think it is a good idea, but somehow I have the feeling that we
might get into trouble when an image has multiple relations. If it has
one with a show and one with a hide attribute, which one should be
used?

> Like categories, it would probably make sense to have some common relations
> pre-defined, and in the case of Raw<->Exposure, even have some code that can
> (optionally) automatically add the relations when KPA finds new images with
> identical filenames, one JPEG, one RAW.

That is a very good idea!

> Overall, though, I think this approach is great.  It's simple, powerful and
> extensible.

:-)

/Paul