[KPhotoAlbum] Suggestion: Relations between images

Shawn Willden shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
Fri Feb 1 05:26:51 GMT 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008 02:06:49 pm Paul Fleischer wrote:
> I have come up with a new shiny concept: RELATIONS.

I like it.

One addition, when a relation type is defined, it might be nice if we could
set some properties on the endpoints to indicate whether or not the related
images should be shown be default.  So, for example, in the RAW<->Exposure
relation, I might mark the RAW side as "invisible", so that I only see
thumbnails for the JPEGs.  There should probably be a "display invisible"
toggle.

Like categories, it would probably make sense to have some common relations
pre-defined, and in the case of Raw<->Exposure, even have some code that can
(optionally) automatically add the relations when KPA finds new images with
identical filenames, one JPEG, one RAW.

Overall, though, I think this approach is great.  It's simple, powerful and
extensible.

	Shawn.