[KPhotoAlbum] KDE4 svn (rev834494) comments & test report

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Tue Aug 5 13:45:13 BST 2008

Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
>> | - Open list of files - what's this? You can type in file names to do what?
>> I'm not sure what you are talking about.
>
> See edit -> open list of files
> It opens a textarea with 'Enter file names' and clear/ok/cancel
> buttons. No idea what this is for..

It's a new and undocumented [1] Suppose you were on vacation and took a
gazzilion of images. You have a friend who uses some awkward tool for
image management and you get a list of 400 file names that your friend
thinks should be put on a website. What you do? Back in 3.1.1, you had
to find a trained monkey which would tag all these images by hand in
your DB, but in current trunk, you can just type names of these files
(or use drag-and-drop), one per line [2], and KPA will open a browser
with intersection of your current search scope (or perhaps all files,
can't remember now) and file names your friend gave you and then you can
tag them all with some funny keyword.

[1] I'd love if you can write a documentation for that :p

[2] I should check the code again, it's pretty possible that it's a bit
too picky about the format it receives, maybe it even requires "file://"
prefix and an absolute path...

Cheers,
-jkt