[KPhotoAlbum] 3.1.0-rc1 released
jkt at gentoo.org
Thu Sep 27 11:33:46 BST 2007
thanks to tremendous work Jesper and others did, the KDE4 port of KPA is
in a really good shape. Unfortunately, it will take some time for KDE4
to be released, and even after that, some OS vendors might wait before
they ship it to their users.
There are some interesting new features in current SVN, so we have
decided it is worth making another KDE3 release.
Some interesting features:
* Option for dark background and non-1:1 aspect artion for even sexier
look & feel of the thumbnail view
* Proper encoding for funny filenames in the Exif DB
* Support for users that can't use a middle mouse button
* No need to select all images/one image before launching viewer
* Switch from an outdated copy of dcraw to the libkdcraw, thus
supporting more RAW image formats
* Faster tagging -- it's possible to say "reuse tags from the last
image" in the annotation dialog
* More user-friendly delete dialog
* Infobox improvements
* Improved support for video playback
* Improved Show EXIF info dialog
* Various SQL backend improvements
* Speed up checking for new images
* Added Edit->Copy menu item for copying a list of selected files into
* Hiding mouse cursor and disabling screensaver when in image view mode
* Improved keyboard selection
* IPTC support
* Reworked metadata import/export
And plenty of other bugfixes, speedups and various improvements.
Source tarball is available .
Complete ChangeLog can be obtained from SVN.
We are especially interested in hearing whether the new metadata
import/export works for you. To test it, play with Maintenance->Write
metadata and Read metadata or simply feed KPA with some new pictures
*after* you have configured it in the settings dialog.
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 252 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Kphotoalbum